Whirlpool Foundation / Community Relations
Corporate Giving Guidelines
(Product Donations and Funding Support)
All contributions must fall under our CSR strategy of House+Home:
HOUSE – Enabling comfortable, nurturing places to live where individuals and families can make healthy choices and build their best future
HOME – Supporting resilient, thriving and sustainable communities through education and neighborhood development
How to assess whether a partner is the right fit
Does the charity’s work tie in with our overall focus on House+Home and Whirlpool Corporation’s mission?
Employee Engagement and Collaboration
Leverage the knowledge and expertise of employees to personally connect with this charity and create opportunities for them to get involved and volunteer.
What will the impact be on the local community we’re trying to help and is it measured by the organization?
Criteria for Giving
- Nonprofit organization must provide a 501(c)(3) certificate/letter and be in good standing with the IRS
- Organizations must be located in or within a 20-mile radius of the communities in which we operate
- The following nonprofits cannot be offered donations based upon the large number of organizations located within our communities.
- Fire/Police Departments
- Little League/Soccer/Other Sports Teams
(Independent not-for-profits supporting public school curriculum may be considered periodically.)
All requests for product or funding support should be submitted through this link:
Types of Giving
- Limited annual giving budget will be reviewed monthly by the Advisory Committee until funds are depleted. Equal share of funds will be dispersed throughout the year. The Advisory Committee has the authority to adjust the monthly amounts allocated.
- Maximum request of 3 products, no luxury items included.
- Grant requests must be approved by Whirlpool Foundation staff and then reviewed by the Foundation Trustees.
- The organization will be required to provide impact data and based on the details of the donation.
- In addition: Organizations seeking support from Whirlpool Corporation must certify that their charitable and/or educational programs and services are offered and provided to the intended beneficiaries without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or military status, pregnancy, ancestry, age or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, county or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Notwithstanding the preceding, organizations that offer gender-based programs or have programs and services designed to benefit a specific population will not be considered discriminatory for this reason alone.